Horror Realm is planning a Summer of Scares for horror fans in the Pittsburgh and surrounding area to whet appetites for its fall convention. The cool events in the middle of a hot summer include:
- 12 Weeks of Horror – a creepy classic film series for 12 consecutive Wednesdays beginning July 6 at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont. The series includes a spooky cartoon, an installment of the serial The Phantom Creeps starring Bela Lugosi and a classic horror film. Patrons who attend all of the first 11 shows will receive free admission to the 12th and will be eligible for a drawing for free weekend passes to Horror Realm’s fall convention.
- Horror Author Series – in conjunction with Eljay’s Books of Dormont, Horror Realm is presenting a weekly series of readings, question and answer sessions and book signings by local horror authors. The series kicks off July 6 with Tim Gross of Gross Movie Reviews and Bastards of Horror discussing his latest release, The Big Ass Book of Gross Movie Reviews. Admission is free for all events.
- Basket Case Night featuring Beverly Bonner – an evening of film and entertainment opens with a Q&A with freelance artist Joshua Emerick, who is the illustrator of the Basket Case: The Comic serial slated to appear in Fangoria magazine. Then enjoy a screening of the original film followed by the premiere of Beverly Bonner’s stage show Casey – 30 Years Later. The show catches up with Bonner’s character from the film series, who is running an old age home for prostitutes. The evening finishes up with an after party to celebrate Ms. Bonner’s birthday. VIP tickets will be available which include balcony seating, a poster autographed by Ms. Bonner, an exclusive meet & greet and free admission to the after party. The event will take place at the Hollywood theater on August 12.
- Horror Realm, Ghost Story TV and Shadow 3 Media present: Beyond The Paranormal, the first in an ongoing informational/educational lecture series which will examine the latest information, theories, and science practices which delve into the mysterious realm of the paranormal. Each event will feature noted guest speakers from around the country whose work and significant contributions are helping to lead toward a better understanding of the scientific and spiritual aspects of the world of the paranormal. The series debuts on August 13th and will feature David M. Rountree, an acclaimed paranormal investigator and author of the book Paranormal Technology. The evening will also feature additional noted speakers from the local paranormal community as well as a private screening of the debut episode of Ghost Story TV, a locally produced paranormal investigation show.
Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, is also pleased to announce the return of its one day Spring Break Massacre show, which returns on March 10, 2012 to the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. The 2011 fall show takes place September 16-18 at the same location. For details on the convention, including exhibitor and sponsor rates, schedule, guests, advance ticket purchase and hotel reservations, please visit Horror Realm Con.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013