They Came Home
by K.Z. Morano
Salty grit stung our eyes.
The sea no longer wished to keep our secrets.
The water hissed and spat angrily, vomiting dead bodies… leftovers of a feast by flesh-eating fishes.
They were living offerings… bribes for the gods to prevent tidal waves from swallowing our homes.
But what used to be a stagnant sea of spirits was silent no more…
A cadre of corpses… a tsunami of souls…
The children came home to drown us all in one exquisite embrace.
Decay entered our mouths as we fought for breath… as we swam and sank into an ocean of putrefying flesh.
K.Z. Morano writes anything from romance to horror and dark fantasy. Her stories have appeared in various publications over the past few months. Her first horror story collection, “100 Nightmares” will be released this April.
Visit her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/100Nightmares
She blogs at http://theeclecticeccentricshopaholic.wordpress.com/
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015