Horror in a Hundred – LIGHTS OUT by Sheldon Woodburyposted by
Our second submission for Horror in a Hundred is in! Thanks to Sheldon Woodbury for letting us bring this to you. If you like it, please head on over to his website at http://sheldonwoodbury.blogspot.com/ and give him some support.
So with no further delay, here it is:
by Sheldon Woodbury
The executioner soared up in his ghostly ship, leaving the flames and destruction billowing below. The fiery memory always stayed with him, like a lover lusting for another hot kiss. But when he stared out into the cosmic blackness ahead, there were no more twinkling lights or twirling orbs left, just an endless graveyard of ash and smoke. The executioner knew a life without purpose wasn’t really a life, so he decided the time had finally come for him to join all the others and sleep the long sleep.
That’s when the last light in the universe suddenly sputtered out.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015