Horror in a Hundred – LIGHTS OUT by Sheldon Woodburyposted by
Our second submission for Horror in a Hundred is in! Thanks to Sheldon Woodbury for letting us bring this to you. If you like it, please head on over to his website at http://sheldonwoodbury.blogspot.com/ and give him some support.
So with no further delay, here it is:
by Sheldon Woodbury
The executioner soared up in his ghostly ship, leaving the flames and destruction billowing below. The fiery memory always stayed with him, like a lover lusting for another hot kiss. But when he stared out into the cosmic blackness ahead, there were no more twinkling lights or twirling orbs left, just an endless graveyard of ash and smoke. The executioner knew a life without purpose wasn’t really a life, so he decided the time had finally come for him to join all the others and sleep the long sleep.
That’s when the last light in the universe suddenly sputtered out.
- Horror in a Hundred – The Tapestry by Walt Hicks - February 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Cold Soak by Thomas Kleaton - February 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Lonely at the Bottom by Craig Peterson - February 21, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Welcome to the Full Moon Salon! by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 20, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Last Night on Drury Lane by David Wing - February 17, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Him by David Wing - February 16, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Twilight by Jack Koebnig - February 15, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – After Hours at the Blood Bank by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 14, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Mr Brown by Jack Koebnig - February 13, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – A Prison Inside Us by Sheldon Woodbury - February 12, 2015