by John Boden
He licks the apple that laid on her chest. The meat is thick and gray and tart. Her corpse is still as he eats more of the feast upon it. The pears that nestle in the crook of her pale neck. The grapes that lay on her dead eyes. The cheeses and meats on her stomach and arms. He feels the money in his pocket. He feels the swelling of his gut with each bite of sin-filled food. He looks at her peaceful face and hopes with all his heart.
This time, he’ll stop eating when the food is gone.
John Boden lives a stones throw from Three Mile Island with his wonderful wife and sons. A baker by day, he spends his off time writing or working on Shock Totem. He likes Diet Pepsi and cheeseburgers and sports ferocious sideburns. While his output as a writer is fairly small, it has a bit of a reputation for being unique. His work has appeared in 52 STITCHES, EVERYDAY WEIRDNESS,METAZEN, BLACK INK HORROR, WEIRDYEAR, NECON E-BOOKS, SHOCK TOTEM, the John Skipp edited PSYCHOS and a few upcoming projects. His not-really-for-children children’s book, DOMINOES is a pretty cool thing.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015