Rekindle the Halloween spirit by visiting the graves of Hollywood’s leaders and luminaries, as the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles conducts guided walking tours of Hollywood Forever Cemetery on Saturday, October 21. Beginning at 10 a.m, tours will leave every 15 minutes from the fountain inside the main gate, with the last tour departing at 12 noon. Cost of the tour is $13 per person (free for Art Deco Society members), and ample parking is available inside the cemetery, located at 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles 90038. Reservations for groups of six or more are available by calling (310) 659-3326; smaller groups and individuals will be taken on a “first come, first served” basis upon arrival. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as tours last about two hours.
Hollywood Forever Cemetery is the final resting place for both the pioneers who mapped Hollywood and the stars, directors and movie moguls who put Hollywood on the map. It boasts a multitude of architectural styles including Victorian, Egyptian Revival and Art Deco, and every tombstone tells a story.
For more information, visit: Art Deco Society of Los Angeles
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009