On March 15, 2010 ChiZine Publications launched two new titles: Chimerascope, by award-winning author Douglas Smith, and Chasing the Dragon, by Nicholas Kaufmann.
Chimerascope is a collection of sixteen engaging science fiction and fantasy stories by Douglas Smith including one Aurora Award-winner, a Best New Horror pick, and nine Aurora finalists. The stories in this collection “showcase the inventive mind and immense storytelling talent of one of Canada’s most original writers of speculative fiction … Smith writes with a keen eye for detail and atmosphere, crafting each story with wit and perception,” says the Library Journal.
Chasing the Dragon is an action-packed thrill ride in the tradition of classic horror featuring the undead and a heroin-addicted dragon-slayer. “As a horror writer,” writes Paul Tremblay, author of The Little Sleep and No Sleep till Wonderland, “Nicholas Kaufmann knows how to move and manipulate his readers. In only about one hundred pages, Chasing the Dragon manages to deliver an ancient and angry dragon, a detailed mythology, the undead, gangs, a damaged and complex heroine, and, of course, heroin, in this gripping, fast-paced, and surprising novella.”
These titles are available online through Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Powell’s Books, Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo, Borders, Books-a-Million; digitally at Horror Mall; and at your local bookstore.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013