Cold Spring Press has announced a new e-book anthology: H.P. Lovecraft’s Favorite Weird Tales, edited by Douglas A. Anderson. The Kindle edition is available for $4.99, and there is also a paperback edition.
Description: In 1929-30, H.P. Lovecraft made some lists of both literary and popular stories “having the greatest amount of truly cosmic horror and macabre convincingness.” These lists of his favorite weird tales make for a truly landmark Lovecraftian anthology. We present Lovecraft’s own favorites horror stories, including some well-known classics, alongside of a number of excellent rare tales by forgotten authors. Many of these stories are classics, inspiring several generations since of the world’s best horror authors. Contributors include Edgar Allan Poe, Ambrose Bierce, Arthur Machen, Robert W. Chambers, M. R. James, Algernon Blackwood, M. P. Shiel, A. Merritt, Walter de la Mare, Paul Suter, M. L. Humphreys, H.F. Arnold, Everil Worrell, Arthur J. Burks, and John Martin Leahy. This is the anthology of favorite weird tales that Lovecraft himself hoped to compile.
About The Editor: Douglas A. Anderson is a Mythopoeic Scholarship Award Winner and one of the best-known fantasy scholars and anthologists. He is the author/editor of The Annotated Hobbit (Houghton Mifflin, revised 2002) and Tales Before Tolkien: The Roots of Modern Fantasy (Ballantine, 2003), and is Cold Spring Press’s series editor for our classic fantasy and horror series.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013