Kensington/Pinnacle has released Gregory Funaro’s The Impaler as a mass market paperback. The book is also available in a Kindle edition.
Description: The year is 2006, three years prior to Sam Markham’s battle with The Sculptor, and the recently promoted supervisory special agent is looking forward to his new assignment in the Behavioral Analysis Unit at Quantico. Before Markham can unpack, however, he is called to Raleigh, North Carolina, to investigate the gruesome murders of three men. Each has been found in a rural area outside the city, stripped naked, and impaled into the ground on a long wooden stake. It is a sight not seen in the Western world for hundreds of years; a barbaric and ancient form of execution which immediately calls to mind the bloodthirsty reign of Vlad the Impaler, the 15th century Romanian prince who became the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
As the media whips itself into a frenzy over the murders, the Impaler waits patiently for his next victim to be chosen. Meanwhile, Markham and his partner, forensic specialist Andy Schaap, diligently piece together a string of clues that reveals not only when the Impaler will strike next, but also the real motive behind killings. A motive going back thousands of years. A motive so twisted and terrifying that, unless the FBI can stop him, many more will die before the Impaler finally unleashes his ultimate horror upon the world.
You should be able to find a copy at your local bookstore, or online at Amazon.com.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013