For mature readers. Fans of H.P. Lovecraft and The Twilight Zone will love Cellar Door.
In Cellar Door, an author retreats to a secluded manor to overcome his writer’s block. There he meets a hungry reader literally foaming at the mouth for his work. What follows are 15 stories the author must “feed” to his reader to keep himself alive.
- A man travels back in time to murder his father and gets caught in a mind-blowing loop in “The Oedipus Paradox;”
- A group of travelers search for eternal life in an abandoned cathedral only to find certain death in the form of “The Clockwork Man;”
- Three teens in search of a good scare unearth the legend of “Digger’s Grove;”
- …and many more grisly tales.
Some stories are a love letter to 80s slashers. Others are a homage to the old Creepy or House of Secrets comics. Still others boast twists from The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone. The result is a masterpiece of the macabre in a horrifyingly handsome hardcover that you’ll be thrilled to share with all of your friends.
- 140 page hardcover with matte finish
- 15 tales of terror in the vein of H.P. Lovecraft and The Twilight Zone
- From over a dozen new and veteran comics creators
- Awesome rewards starting at only $1
Founded in 2011, Chimera’s Comics started as a chain of brick and mortar comic book stores in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. But after a successful Kickstarter campaign for the original graphic novel Magnificent raised nearly $8,000, the stores officially grew into a publishing company committed to stories with meaning.
For nearly a decade, Chimera’s Comics has built a Community of fans and friends, creators and customers. And from that Community, over a dozen creators who love horror and the macabre have come together to create Cellar Door.
Carmelo Chimera is the co-founder of Chimera’s Comics. He has run five successful Kickstarter campaigns which have collectively raised nearly $100,000. A graduate of the University of Chicago Law School, Carmelo practices law by day and runs Chimera’s Comics by night.
You can order a copy early from KickStarter!