Andrew A. Van Wey’s Forsaken is out on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, and Apple iBooks for only $2.99. It’s also available DRM Free Worldwide at Smashwords and Xin Xii.
Description: The painting loomed, large and foreboding. At a little over six feet tall and five feet wide, it wasn’t the strangest he’d ever seen, but close. A girl with a wounded, sack-like face; a boy with pinhole eyes and a cruel sneer; and a distant shadow peering out from behind a dying tree, all stared back at him.
Yet it wasn’t only the subjects that challenged him, but the note that came with the anonymous painting.
“Here in Art, Denial.”
For professor Daniel Rineheart, these four words herald a riddle that sets off a surreal nightmare. Where objects from his past manifest in canvas and oil. Where painted clocks tick-tock away in the dark hours before dawn and a missing dog whimpers from between the walls. Where the painted subjects themselves leave the canvas to stalk the halls of his once quiet house.
And where all answers lead back to a blind artist and an impossible creation, one that threatens to destroy his family and devour his sanity.
Forsaken is a dark novel, a throwback to the haunted tales that slowly boil and get beneath the skin, sticking with the reader far after the pages are closed and the story’s concluded. It’s a dark tale that blends the line between the psychological and the supernatural, and challenges the reader to descend into a maddening world where past and present blend together, where the blind see far beyond the living veil, and where evil comes alive in oil and art.
You can read the first quarter of the book here: Forsaken
Here’s the trailer that just came out:
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013