The next Fantastic Fiction at KGB reading series get together, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel, will present Jack O’Connell, whose first novel, Box Nine, won the Mysterious Press Discovery Award. His second novel, Wireless, was chosen by the Los Angeles Times as one of the top ten crime novels of 1993. O’Connell is also the author of The Skin Palace and Word Made Flesh. His latest novel, The Resurrectionist, was chosen by Amazon.com as one of the top-10 SF novels of 2008. The winner of Le prix Mystère de la critique and Le Grand Prix de l’Imaginaire in France, the novel was also nominated for the Shirley Jackson Award.
Also reading will be E.C. Myers, whose first novel, Fair Coin, was called “pure awesome crack” by io9, is also a recent contributor to the Directory of World Cinema: Japan 2, edited by John Berra and Spec-tacular: Fantasy Favorites from Raven Electrick Ink. He also blogs weekly re-watches of Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes with Torie Atkinson at theviewscreen.com. His next novel, Quantum Coin, will be published by Pyr in fall 2012.
It’s all happening on Wednesday, June 20th at 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
Readings are free.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013