After more than 20,000 votes for three possible choices, fans have selected a Roswell story line for Syfy and IGN.com’s B Movie Mogul – the online development and production site that lets fans weigh in on an upcoming Syfy Saturday Original Movie.
The winning concept will be: Another spaceship crash lands in Roswell, New Mexico, and a dangerous alien creature escapes. Authorities soon realize there is something under the earth in Roswell that has been attracting spacecraft since 1947, and maybe even before. Now they have to uncover that secret while they hunt and kill the creature.
Directing the Roswell movie will be Jason Connery, son of the legendary former James Bond star Sean Connery, whose credits include The Devil’s Tomb and the upcoming Syfy Saturday Original Movie 51, premiering in First Quarter 2011. Tim Tori, whose credits include Prowl, Hysteria and the upcoming Dragon Eyes, is attached as the writer.
Independent motion picture studio After Dark Films, which created the popular Horrorfest: 8 Films to Die For Festival, will produce the movie.
But now the fun really begins! Running through the end of the year at IGN.com, B Movie Mogul will ask fans to use their imagination and vote on specific plot points of the movie:
1. How does the first character who dies meet his or her grisly demise?
2. Before our Comic Relief character becomes a reluctant battler of aliens, what is his or her day job?
A. Socially inept scientist with wild conspiracy theories that link Roswell to the JFK assassination
B. Slacker college student who learned everything he knows about aliens from firstperson shooter games
C. Stressed-out waitress who blames a shift in Earth’s vibrational energies for the breakup of her last relationship.
3. The biggest, baddest guy on the sweep team should be named:
4. Somewhere in the film, which completely random object is used to get our main characters out of a sticky situation?
A. A glow in the dark yo-yo
B. A Turkey baster
C. A bowling ball with only two holes
5. Who is the token character of wisdom who saves our asses with a crucial piece of info?
A. Sarcastic Preacher with a crossbow
B. Creepy Roswell Museum owner
C. Homeless man who was once abducted
6. Somewhere in the film, a character will say the following line of dialogue:
A. “Let’s go get gooey!”
B. “Bring me the alien’s head. If it has one.”
C. “No wonder they do so much anal probing.”
These six questions will roll out two at a time. The results of all the poll questions will be announced in early 2011.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013