Horror has a new home! Fandango, the nation’s leading moviegoer destination, announced today the launch of “House of Screams”, its first-ever video and digital content destination dedicated to Hollywood’s scariest movie moments and upcoming horror films. “House of Screams” also provides moviegoers access to advance ticketing at more than 22,000 screens nationwide.
Slash, Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and now film producer, will provide exclusive and original video content to Fandango’s “House of Screams.” Slash will co-host with Fandango correspondent Tiffany Smith a special video mini-series, “Slash’s Screamings,” highlighting the season’s new horror films — from the Chloe Grace Moretz remake of Stephen King’s “Carrie” to the Amber Heard thriller, “All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.” “House of Screams” will also showcase an exclusive 6-minute excerpt from Anchor Bay and Slasher Films’ upcoming horror film, “Nothing Left to Fear,” starring Anne Heche, James Tupper and Clancy Brown, as well as footage from the movie’s star-studded Hollywood screening. “Nothing Left to Fear,” which opens on October 4, features original music produced by Slash.
Also debuting in Fandango’s “House of Screams” is a “Behind the Screams” video mini-series, hosted by Tiffany Smith, featuring an insider’s look at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights. Featured segments will highlight Universal’s Eyegore Awards, horror movie premieres, and the secrets behind gory special effects make-up.
“For tons of moviegoers and fear fanatics, Halloween is their favorite time of year,” said Tiffany Smith, Fandango correspondent. “When they visit Fandango’s House of Screams, they’ll be able to quickly find everything there is to know about upcoming horror flicks, along with all ‘the fright stuff’ they love!”
To help kick off “House of Screams,” Fandango is launching the “Fear Face-Off: 13 Days of Psychos” Facebook application, which pits “Psycho’s” Norman Bates against the likes of Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and other masters of menace in a social tug-of-war for big-screen bad guy dominance on Fandango’s Facebook page.
In addition, “House of Screams” will offer special editorial features including “When Animals Attack” Movies, 10 Unlikely Horror Movie Debuts, Great Horror Comedies, The Best and Worst Slasher Villains, and more.
“House of Screams” is the latest example of how Fandango is offering premium video and editorial content along with advance ticketing opportunities to help movie fans perfect their moviegoing experience. Earlier this year, Fandango launched “Weekend Ticket,” a weekly movie recommendation show hosted by chief correspondent Dave Karger, to help moviegoers pick the right film for them, followed by audience-based content hubs including “The Family Room” and “Summer of Action.”
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015