Publisher Movieland Classics, LLC, has announced the release of Famous Monsters of Filmland 253, the first issue in its new bi-monthly production schedule. The company announced its decision to increase the frequency of Famous Monsters to a bi-monthly publication, up from their quarterly term, in response to a substantial demand for more FM content.
“We’ve dropped the cover price and increased our frequency to provide fans with more bang for their buck! I also believe readers will find the new format a lot more fun and still very informative,” announced Senior Manager Philip Kim.
Another noteworthy change: Opening Wounds, the editor’s note has revealed the return of Forrest J Ackerman as the magazine’s Honorary Editor-in-Chief. “This serves as a constant reminder to everyone-those reading and involved in bringing FM to readers-that fandom is fun… and science fiction and horror will never die,” added editor, Jessie Lilley.
Bringing together classic and contemporary horror icons, Famous Monsters 253 features a behind the scenes look at the winter blockbuster, The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, a peak into Season 2 of AMC’s new hit show, The Walking Dead, an in-depth exclusive with Hellboy filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, and never-before-seen footage of African zombie chiller, The Dead. Also featured in the issue is H.G. Wells’ Island of Lost Souls, the monsters of SyFy, Bollywood thriller Hisss, the return of the classic “Fangmail” and “Mystery Photo,” and an original story by horror author Jack Ketchum. The new release features all this and more, wrapped up in a series of four variant covers by artists Kerry Gammill (Island of Lost Souls), dual covers by Charlie Adlard (The Walking Dead), and an ultra rare cover by the legendary William Stout (Mummy).
With the success of Famous Monsters 252 (now entirely sold out!), the circulation of the popular magazine continues to expand with every issue. Famous Monsters of Filmland is now available in comic shops, major newsstands in Southern California and Canada, major bookstores such as Barnes & Noble and Borders, and Famous Monsters’ online retail store: Captain Company.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013