Dorchester Publishing Co., Inc., founded in 1971, and what was until this year the oldest independent mass-market publisher in the U.S., has launched a new e-commerce web site to showcase the new Trade books, Audio titles and the explosive growth of e-books.
In addition to print and audio books, the new site enables Dorchester to sell e-books direct from the publisher for the first time. Partnering with Ingram Digital for e-book fulfillment, the Dorchester Web site offers EPUB e-books to customers, a format compatible with all major e-reader devices on the market today with the exception of Kindle. Rather listen to the book? Dorchester will also offer value priced audio books of many of its titles on the site through its partner Audio Realms.
“The direct to consumer sale of audio and e-books is an opportunity for Dorchester to achieve real growth in the digital marketplace. At the same time it will put us in more direct contact with the fans of the genres and help us find new trends and new lines that the consumer wants. We can do this while still showcasing the original genre fiction that Dorchester has discovered and published for over 40 years. We seek to become THE online site for romance, horror and the best that genre fiction has to offer,”” stated Tim DeYoung, Senior VP Sales Marketing Distribution.
The new web site is part of the growing Dorchester Community — an online environment aimed at providing readers an informational and entertaining experience while making their opinions known and helping influence Dorchester publishing plans for the future.
With the new web site, equipped with multiple interactive features including message boards, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and others, the Community will always be up to date on new releases, author appearances, and industry news while fostering author/reader interactions and previewing content from upcoming releases. Contests, giveaways and a direct from the publisher discount of 10% on all purchases will help make Dorchester a destination for genre fiction.
You can check out the new site here: Dorchester Publishing
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013