Religion, science, magic, love, family — everyone believes in something, and that faith pulls us through the darkness and the light. The second coming of Dark Faith from Apex Book Company in a trade paperback edition cries from the depths with 26 stories of sacrifice and redemption.
Sublet an apartment inside God’s head. Hunt giant Buddhas in a post-apocalyptic future. Visit a city where an artist’s fantastic creations alter reality. Discover the deep cosmic purpose behind your office vending machine. Wield godlike powers and suffer the most heartbreaking of human limitations.
Join Max Allan Collins, Mike Resnick, Jay Lake, Jennifer Pelland, Laird Barron, Tom Piccirilli, Nisi Shawl, and a host of genre’s best writers for an exploration into the things we hold dear and the truths that shatter us.
Table of Contents
- “Subletting God’s Head” by Tom Piccirilli
- “The Cancer Catechism” by Jay Lake
- “The Big Blue Peacock” by Nick Mamatas
- “Kill the Buddha” by Elizabeth Twist
- “Robotnik” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Prometheus Possessed” by Matt Cardin
- “Night Train” by Alma Alexander
- “The Sandfather” by Richard Wright
- “Sacrifice” by Jennifer Pelland
- “Thou Art God” by Tim Waggoner
- “Wishflowers” by Tim Pratt
- “Coin Drop” by Richard Dansky
- “Starter Kit” by R.J. Sullivan
- “A Little Faith” by Max Allan Collins and Matthew Clemens
- “The Revealed Truth” by Mike Resnick
- “God’s Dig” by Kelly Eiro
- “The Divinity Boutique” by Brian J. Hatcher
- “The Birth of Pegasus” by K. Tempest Bradford
- “All This Pure Light Leaking In” by LaShawn M. Wanak
- “Fin De Siècle” by Gemma Files
- “The Angel Seems” by Jeffrey Ford
- “Magdala Amygdala” by Lucy A. Snyder
- “A Strange Form of Life” by Laird Barron
- “In Blood and Song” by Nisi Shawl and Michael Ehart
- “Little Lies, Dear Leader” by Kyle S. Johnson
- “I Inhale the City, the City Exhales Me” by Douglas F. Warrick
About the Editors: Maurice Broaddus is the author of the Knights of Breton Court series as well as the novellas Orgy of Souls (co-written with Wrath James White) and Devil’s Marionette. He has been published in numerous magazines and anthologies, from Weird Tales to the Dark Dreams series to Apex Magazine.
Jerry Gordon is the Bram Stoker nominated co-editor of Dark Faith and Last Rites. His fiction has appeared in Apex Magazine, Shroud, and The Midnight Diner. His apocalyptic thriller, Breaking The World, will be released through Apex Publications in 2013. He lives in Indiana with his wife and new son.
Check it out: Dark Faith – Invocations