The Dark Carnival Film Festival has announced a call for short screenplay entries for the 2010 festival. Screenplays should be submitted online at Dark Carnival Film Fest. The 4th annual Dark Carnival Film Festival will be held in Bloomington, Indiana from November 19 – 21, 2010.
Winner of best short screenplay will have their script produced by Dark Carnival to be screened at the 2011 festival. Roses, written by the 2009 screenplay winner Terry Wagner and produced by Dark Carnival, will premiere during this year’s event. To be eligible for the short screenplay category, submissions should be no more than 20 pages in length and in motion picture script format.
Deadlines for submissions are as follows:
- August 31, 2010 – Early Vulture Submission Deadline
- September 30, 2010 – Mid Bat Submission Deadline
- October 31, 2010 – Late Owl Submission Deadline
All submissions received before the Early Vulture submission deadline will be charged a fee of $35 per submission. Those received before the Mid Bat submission deadline will be charged a fee of $45. And those collected before the final Late Owl submission deadline will be charged $55. Complete information regarding eligibility and entry rules for the 2010 Dark Carnival Film Festival are available online at: Film Festival Entry Rules
The Dark Carnival is sponsored by The Buskirk-Chumley Theater, and the Evil By The Needle Tattoos, and Campus Costume.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013