Founded in 2006, the mission of Dark Arts Books is to create affordable trade paperback collections featuring multiple stories by four authors each. They publish sampler anthologies of some of the finest writers in modern horror. Since their inception, they’ve published six anthologies, been written up in Year’s Best Fantasy & Horror, Cemetery Dance and Rue Morgue, and have been nominated for a Bram Stoker Award.
Candy in The Dumpster, the first Dark Arts four-author sampler anthology, featured an introduction by Chicago horror veteran, Mort Castle, and was released at the World Horror Convention in San Francisco in May 2006. Waiting For October, with stories by Jeff Strand, Adam Pepper, Jeffrey Thomas, and Sarah Pinborough, was released at the World Horror Convention in Toronto in March 2007. Sins of The Sirens, the largest Dark Arts collection yet, featured 20,000 words of fiction from each author, including “Firebird” an original novelette from Christa Faust. In 2008, it was Like a Chinese Tattoo. In 2009, Mighty Unclean. And most recently, When The Night Comes Down featured stories by Joseph D’Lacey, Bev Vincent, Robert E. Weinberg, and Nate Kenyon.
You can keep up with their future projects here: Dark Arts Books
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013