The Horror Writers Association is proud to announce Chris Ryall as the Editor Guest of Honor for the Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend and 25th Anniversary World Horror Convention 2015. In 2015, the HWA is again hosting WHC in conjunction with the Bram Stoker Awards Weekend, which be held in Atlanta from May 7-10, 2015.
Chris Ryall is the Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief of IDW Publishing, a San Diego-based comic book and graphic novel publisher. 2014 marks Ryall’s tenth year with IDW. Since he joined the company in June 2004, IDW has gained market share every year, become a premier publisher and grown to become the fourth-largest comic-book publisher. In his time as Editor-in-Chief, IDW has helped bring fan-favorite franchises such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, Godzilla, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and many more to the company. Ryall also shepherded the acclaimed creator-owned series LOCKE & KEY from conception to its completion last year. He has ranked on Bleeding Cool magazine’s list of the Top 100 Most Powerful People in Comics since the list began in 2012.
Additionally, Ryall is an Eagle- and Eisner Award-nominated comic book writer and editor, and the co-creator of ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS, GROOM LAKE, THE HOLLOWS, and THE COLONIZED. He has also written the Stephen King/Joe Hill/Richard Matheson collaboration ROAD RAGE; MARS ATTACKS IDW; KISS and KISS KIDS; CLIVE BARKER’S THE GREAT AND SECRET SHOW; DOOMED; SHAUN OF THE DEAD; BEOWULF; WEEKLY WORLD NEWS, and TRANSFORMERS. Prose books include a novella in CLASSICS MUTILATED, ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS: NO MAN’S LAND, and the non-fiction COMIC BOOKS 101, co-written with Scott Tipton. Ryall has taught writing at the Clarion West and has had a regular bi-weekly feature, “Ryalltime,” on the Fictional Frontiers radio show.
Ryall’s current projects include MARS ATTACKS: FIRST BORN with artist Sam
Kieth, and is working on IDW’s next big event, which will be revealed in mid-2014.
HWA President Rocky Wood said, “We are excited that Chris can join us. Comics and graphic novels have had an important role in horror for decades, but that role has exploded in the last decade. The HWA supports the form with a Bram Stoker Award® each year. Chris is a leader in innovation and originally story-telling through the graphic form and we know convention attendees will be eager for Chris to share his experiences and insights.”
The Convention will take place at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel, with the iconic Bram Stoker Awards® ceremony on Saturday evening, May 9. A website has been established at www.whc2015.org.
About the Horror Writers Association
The Horror Writers Association (www.horror.org), the peak group for horror writers, is a worldwide organization promoting dark literature and its creators. Started in 1985, it has over 1200 members writing professionally in fiction, nonfiction, videogames, film, poetry, comics, and other media.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015