Frank Forte, a 20 year veteran of the comic book and animation fields, has created a blog entitled Cartoon Concept Design to showcase the art of cartoons and animation.
“This blog will feature a behind the scenes look at how cartoons are made, says Forte, “and hopefully will help students and other artists to prefect their skills and get and keep jobs.”
“There are many facets of the animation biz and it’s difficult to break in,” Forte continues, “An artist must hone their skills and then select a particular job or position, then prepare a portfolio.”
The Cartoon Concept Design Blog will feature model sheets, Character designs, storyboards, background designs, color theory, pencil tests, 2D Animation, 3D Animation, layout, story sketches and more. They will feature studios such as Warner Brothers, UPA, MGM, Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Hanna Barbera, Spumco, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Film Roman and many more.
“This blog will be a precursor to a book I’m writing/editing that will be devoted to Animation concept art. The book will feature different artists talking about different jobs in the business. (i.e. storyboards, character design, color theory)”
Frank Forte is an accomplished designer, storyboard artist and comic book artist. He has worked in animation for feature films, TV and gaming. Some of the shows Frank has worked on include: Despicable Me 2, Bob’s Burgers, Allen Gregory, The Super Hero Squad Show, Marvel Heroes 4D, Lego Hero Factory, Lego Bionicle: The Legend Reborn, HI HI PUFFY AMI YUMI, Re-Animated Pilot (Out of Jimmy’s Head), The Mr. Men Show, Bionicle: The Legend Reborn (DVD-2009), Lego Clutch Powers 4D ride at Legoland and Lego Atlantis. He co-created The Cletus and Floyd Show with Gene McGuckin, a tribute to animation directors Tex Avery, Bob Clampett and Chuck Jones. Robert S. Rhine and Frank Forte created the pilot episode of Sickcom the Animated Series which was sold to Spike and Mike’s Sick and Twisted Festival Of Animation in 2003. Frank is also the publisher at Asylum Press, an indy graphic novel and comic book publisher. Since its inception in 1999, Frank has written, illustrated and published such comics as The Vampire Verses, Warlash, Fearless Dawn, Billy Boy, The Cletus and Floyd Show.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013