The World Horror Convention 2010 and The Horror Writers Association have announced that for the first time in their twenty-three year history the HWA’s prestigious annual Bram Stoker Awards for excellence in horror and fantasy fiction will be presented outside North America at the convention in Brighton, England.
The ceremony will be held on the evening of Saturday, March 27 at the famous Palm Court fish-and-chips restaurant situated right at the heart of the historic Brighton Pier, with magnificent views of the coastline and out to sea. This event will be one of the highlights of the convention, and will include World Horror Guests of Honour and past Stoker Award winners as award presenters.
The meal will consist of a traditional Fish-and-Chips Banquet (or Vegetarian option) costing £32.00 (approximately US$51.00) per person. Tickets for the awards banquet are strictly limited and are sold on a first-come basis. They are available to all HWA members, Bram Stoker Award nominees, and anyone with a registered membership for World Horror Convention 2010. Any HWA member or 2010 Stoker nominee who only wants to pay to attend the Banquet can do so, although they will not be allowed into any other convention events without a full membership.
Nominees for the 2010 Bram Stoker Awards can only be voted on by members of the Horror Writers Association and will be announced early in the new year. The HWA also bestows a yearly Lifetime Achievement Award in acknowledgment of superior achievement over a career. Previous winners of the Lifetime Achievement Award include Fritz Leiber, R. Chetwynd-Hayes, Ray Bradbury, Robert Bloch, Richard Matheson, Christopher Lee, Harlan Ellison, Ira Levin, Ramsey Campbell, Charles L. Grant, Stephen King, Anne Rice and F. Paul Wilson.
The annual World Horror Convention Grand Master Award will also be presented at the Awards Banquet of the Saturday evening. The 2009 winner, Tanith Lee, is a Guest of Honour at World Horror Convention 2010 and will be in attendance with previous Grand Master Award winners Brian Lumley, Ramsey Campbell and F. Paul Wilson.
A menu and PayPal booking form are now available here: World Horror Convention 2010
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013