It’s not too early to apply for the upcoming Borderlands Press Writers Bootcamp. It will be January 23-25, 2009 at the Marriott Burkshire Hotel, Towson, MD 21204.
2 Sessions – Novel and Short Fiction – each session accepts 16 to 20 participants who qualify. Any and all genres acceptable.
You will be expected to log in many hours of intensive analysis and criticism from your peers and the four guest instructors who will be guiding you through all the major elements of writing fiction. You will be required to read (in advance) the submissions of your fellow workshop participants.
Your Weekend Will Comprise Of:
- Lecture (not a lot)
- Round table critiques(definitely a lot)
- Analysis by the instructors
- Q&A panel discussion
- Readings (of your work)
- A special exercise or maybe more….
In addition, you will receive a general understanding of the state of modern publishing-that is where and to whom to submit your material, the real deal on editors and agents, the characteristics of the genres, the perception of the difference between mainstream and literary fiction, and even a few words on marketing and publicity. Have your questions ready.
Interested? To qualify, submit a story (up to 2,500 words) or a novel (first two chapters) to: Writers Bootcamp
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009