Apex Publications Lets Readers Decide Which Story is Better, And Will Give A Prize to One Voterposted by
K. Allen Wood has stories in both Appalachian Undead and Mountain Dead. More aptly, it’s two versions of the same story. Both are good, but which one is better, “Long Days to Come” from Appalachian Undead or “And It’ll Haunt Me (For Long Days to Come) from Mountain Dead.
Apex Publications has decided to let their readers decide, posting both stories on their blog.
Voting for which story is the best opened on Wednesday, August 21st and will close Friday, August 23rd at 11:59pm EST. Links to both stories and a voting form can be found on the Apex blog (http://www.apexbookcompany.com/2013/08/two-stories-one-champ-let-the-voting-begin/).
From the voters who choose the winning story, one person will be randomly selected to win an Apex Out-of-Print prize pack.
The prize pack includes:
– Stoker Award-winning collection Taste of Tenderloin by Gene O’Neill
– Stoker Award-nominated collection Mama’s Boy and Other Dark Tales by Fran Friel
– When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom
– The Changed (first edition) by B.J. Burrow
The winner will be announced Monday, August 26th, along with the winning story.
APEX PUBLICATIONS (www.apexbookcompany.com) is a small press dedicated to publishing exemplary works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Owned and operated by Jason B. Sizemore, Apex publishes the twice Hugo Award-nominated Apex Magazine. The Apex catalog contains books by genre luminaries such as Tom Piccirilli, Catherynne M. Valente, and Lavie Tidhar.
- Horror in a Hundred – The Visitor by Catherine Bader - March 28, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Shining Example by John Dromey - March 27, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Play My Game by M J Wolfson - March 26, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Intersection by Thomas Kleaton - March 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Fear by M.J. Wolfson - March 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – A Question of Genetics by Thomas Kleaton - March 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Stripper from Hell by Sheldon Woodbury - March 10, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – End by David Wing - March 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Tapestry by Walt Hicks - February 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Cold Soak by Thomas Kleaton - February 22, 2015