The book compiles the best short horror fiction published by magazines, anthologies, and web sites spanning the years 2000 – 2010. This prodigious collection is truly one-of-a-kind. It includes stories from National Book Award nominee Dan Chaon, rising-horror-star Jeff Jacobson, Bram Stoker Award-winner John Everson, World Fantasy Award winner Andy Duncan, and New York Times-bestselling author Tom Monteleone, among other worthies. These stories deal with “uniquely American” themes and subjects, and are written in an equally unique “American style.”
Editor Mort Castle is an award-winning author and writing teacher. He is author of seven novels, four fiction collections, and over 500 shorter works. Castle edited On Writing Horror, the essential reference work for authors in the dark genre. He teaches creative writing at Columbia College Chicago.
For more information, head on over to the City Lit website.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015