The takeover continues this summer. Donate today…
The Strain will return for a fourth and final season in Summer 2017, as Carlton Cuse, Guillermo del Toro, and Chuck Hogan bring the thriller to its climatic conclusion, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks, and FX Productions.
“We sincerely thank Carlton Cuse, Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan, and their creative team as well as the fantastic cast for three exciting seasons of The Strain,” said Grad. “Though we’re sad to see it go, we fully support the way in which they are crafting the fourth season’s dramatic conclusion.”
“It is a true joy to work at FX where creative intentions always comes first,” said Cuse. “Our original plan was for the series to last three years. Once we began telling that story it expanded to be more. After finishing the writing on season three, Guillermo, Chuck, and I looked at our remaining story and felt the best version could be told in one more season. We have a fantastic plan for an exciting and climatic season four. We are deeply grateful to FX for supporting our vision and for allowing us to end the show on our own timetable.”
Currently airing its third season on FX, The Strain has the very survival of humanity at stake. New York City is a battleground. Written off by the federal government, the people of New York are on their own in the ultimate showdown between humans and strigoi. Our heroes win victories, but are not winning the war. Beset by personal conflicts – betrayal, disappointment, paranoia – our group is splintering… Meanwhile, the Master is close to executing an irreversible transformation of the world. Is there still hope to save the city and humanity? The series stars Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Kevin Durand, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Natalie Brown, Miguel Gomez, Max Charles, Ruta Gedmintas, Rupert Penry-Jones, Samantha Mathis, and Joaquín Cosío.
The Strain, based off of the best-selling The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, hails from Showrunner/Executive Producer/Director/Writer Carlton Cuse along with Co-Creators/Executive Producers/Writers del Toro and Hogan. Gary Ungar, J. Miles Dale, Bradley Thompson, and David Weddle also serve as Executive Producers. The Strain is produced by FX Productions.
- Hellboy Hell Water Cinnamon Whiskey is Now On Sale - May 23, 2017
- Barry Hoffman Interview - May 23, 2017
- Ragnarok Has A Week Left to Fire Up ‘Warlock 5’ with Cullen Bunn and Jimmy Z Johnson - May 22, 2017
- ‘Alien: Reign of Man’ Lands with Uncork’d Entertainment - May 22, 2017
- Full Details Are Out For The Paul Naschy Collection - May 21, 2017
- New ‘Fang’ Teaser Trailer - May 21, 2017
- Spanish Horror Icon Macarena Gomez Tells All About Gothic Chiller ‘The Black Gloves’ - May 21, 2017
- “It Takes a Monster to Defeat a Monster” in the Latest Trailer for ‘The Mummy’ - May 20, 2017
- Netflix is Giving Us a Prequel to ‘The Dark Crystal!!!’ - May 20, 2017
- ‘Fear Factor’ is Going to Have Snakes and More! - May 20, 2017