Independent developer and publisher Digital Extremes is proud to announce the newest Warframe ® update, “Chains of Harrow”, arrives on PlayStation ®4 and Xbox One today with Harrow, a menacing new Warframe who wields divine powers and offers a terrifying new, lore-based quest.
Today’s update is also time to rejoice for new and veteran players alike because it brings the start of a planned graphical overhaul of the Solar System beginning with Earth. Dubbed “Earth Remastered,” the newly enhanced Earth turns the formerly good-looking planet into a lush, beautifully lit, organic environment.
With Chains of Harrow, Warframe players (AKA Tenno) will descend into a haunting new quest resembling a horror film. In response to a disturbing transmission from Palladino, the Red Veil Clan’s spiritual medium, Tenno are compelled to investigate a dark, mysteriously abandoned Steel Meridian spacecraft found adrift. Inside the vessel, lights flicker and emergency lights strobe, revealing bodies of dead crew members. All is quiet except for whispers heard echoing throughout the lifeless craft. What does it all mean? Players must uncover the terrifying reality of what happened onboard, how the Red Veil might play a part in it, and more.
Chains of Harrow is loaded with additional content — from new enemies and weapons to new cosmetics, Captura tiles, an Octavia Instrument Pack, and more:
- Play as Harrow: Harness the power of the Void to bolster allies’ defenses and amplify their lethality with Lotus’ newest Warrior, Harrow, using four deadly abilities:
- Condemn – Cast a wave of energy that chains them where they stand. Each enemy held reinforces Harrow’s shields.
- Penance – Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
- Thurible – Channel Harrow’s energy into the Thurible to generate a buff. The more energy channeled, the longer the buff will last. Once finished, kill enemies to bestow nearby allies with bursts of energy. Headshots produce extra energy.
- Covenant – Protect nearby allies with an energy force that absorbs all damage and converts it to a Critical Chance bonus for all those under the Covenant. Headshots are amplified even further.
- Take the Quest: A disturbing transmission from Red Veil’s spiritual medium leads to an abandoned Steel Meridian vessel adrift on the outskirts of Earth. Inside, strange whispers echo throughout the lifeless vessel. What force unleashed this evil and how can it be stopped? (The Chains of HarrowQuest will appear in the Codex for those who have completed The War Within and unlocked Mot in the Void.)
- Earth Remastered: Experience Earth like never before with the beautifully remastered Earth environments. Clash with Grineer amidst luscious vegetation and envelope your Warframe in the naturalistic lighting and a remastered soundscape. Visit any of the Earth Terrain Missions to experience this stunning overhaul.
- New Grineer Enemy: Nox is a new enemy that is part of the Elite Chem Strike Unit. Nox wields a toxin-filled heavy gun that shoots blobs of toxic goo that attach themselves to targets before exploding. Take out these gruesome enemies by shooting their glass helmets and exposing their deteriorating skin. Beware of their final moments, as they explode into a lethal cloud.
- New Weapons:
- (pistol): Ring the death knell. Every headshot from this scoped pistol increases Critical Chance for a short period.
- (spear): Blast targets with corrosive plasma projectiles, or toss the scepter to inflict nearby enemies with an energy field that amplifies their brain waves to attract bullets.
- New Syandana: A “priestly” addition, the Nave Syandana completes Harrow’s iconic look.
- And More: Check out the new Captura Tiles (Forest tiles), Octavia’s Anthem-related Instrument Pack (Corpus & Grineer Packs), Glaive and Melee Rework (all melee throwing weapons can be used concurrently with secondary weapons), Harrow’s Alt-Helm, new Riven Mods for Melee Weapons, and more.
Chains of Harrow releases today on PlayStation ®4 and Xbox One. Please visit the official Warframewebsite at www.warframe.com to join the community on PC, Xbox One or PS4 and download the game for free. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe onFacebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.