Reddit recently asked for the best short stories its viewers could come up with in two sentences. Some of them are pretty darn creepy. Without further adieu, here are the top ten so far:
1. I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”
2. After working a hard day I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.
3. My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.
4. I needed to quickly run a SQL command to update a single row in an Oracle DB table at work. To my horror, it came back with “–2,378,231 rows affected.” (OK…this one may only be scary for the computer geeks out there)
5. I just saw my reflection blink.
6. The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.
7. She asked why I was breathing so heavily. I wasn’t.
8. Dude. Where did the spider go? (I guess this is scary if you hate spiders)
9. The heart attack came and went, knocking Mike into unconsciousness, and as he awoke he could hear the graveside service around him. Somehow the casket was translucent to him and he recognized some of his friends, but his body would not move and he realized with terror what death really was.
10. You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen. As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying “Don’t go down there honey, I heard it too.” (This was actually number 12, but I liked it much better than the two in front of it. Hey, it’s my website and I can do what I want…right?)