Watching horror films burns nearly 200 calories a timeposted by
It turns out that one of my favorite activities can actually be a weight loss tool. Who knew?
As you can imagine, it appears that the scarier the movie, the more calories you burn. A study by the University of Westminster in the United Kingdom measured the calories burned by ten people as they watched a selection of scary movies.
The top calorie burner – The Shining. No surprises there. The runner up was Jaws.
For a closer look at the study, click on this link to take you to the article in The Telegraph newspaper.
In case you were wondering, the top ten calorie burners were determined to be:
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
4. Alien: 152 calories
5. Saw: 133 calories
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
8. The Blair Witch Project: 105 calories
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 107 calories
10. [Rec]: 101 calories