Cemetery Dance has announced it will be publishing a Special Deluxe Signed Limited Edition of The Passage by Justin Cronin, one of the most talked about horror novels in many, many years.
Stephen King says, “Every so often a novel-reader’s novel comes along: an enthralling, entertaining story wedded to simple, supple prose, both informed by tremendous imagination. Summer is the perfect time for such books, and this year readers can enjoy the gift of Justin Cronin’s The Passage. Read fifteen pages and you will find yourself captivated; read thirty and you will find yourself taken prisoner and reading late into the night. It has the vividness that only epic works of fantasy and imagination can achieve. What else can I say? This: read this book and the ordinary world disappears.”
The Passage comes in at over 1,200 manuscript pages, and the scale and scope resembles The Stand by Stephen King or Swan Song by Robert McCammon.
Special Features Exclusive to this Cemetery Dance Collector’s Edition:
• epic cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin to be unveiled next month
• color and black & white interior artwork by Jill Bauman
• special afterword by the author detailing why he wrote the book
• incredible photo gallery from research trips the author took for the book (including notes from the author discussing his inspiration for key scenes)
• map of a key location hand drawn by the author
• deluxe oversized design
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of copies of the edition you’ll see in bookstores — and you will NOT see our edition in chain bookstores!
Description: “It happened fast. Thirty-two minutes for one world to die, another to be born.”
First, the unthinkable: a security breach at a secret U.S. government facility unleashes the monstrous product of a chilling military experiment. Then, the unspeakable: a night of chaos and carnage gives way to sunrise on a nation, and ultimately a world, forever altered. All that remains for the stunned survivors is the long fight ahead and a future ruled by fear—of darkness, of death, of a fate far worse.
As civilization swiftly crumbles into a primal landscape of predators and prey, two people flee in search of sanctuary. FBI agent Brad Wolgast is a good man haunted by what he’s done in the line of duty. Six-year-old orphan Amy Harper Bellafonte is a refugee from the doomed scientific project that has triggered the apocalypse. He is determined to protect her from the horror set loose by her captors. But for Amy, escaping the bloody fallout is only the beginning of a much longer odyssey—spanning miles and decades—towards the time and place where she must finish what should never have begun.
To learn more and/or pre-order: The Passage