Steampunk Fortnight Kicks Offposted by
Over the next two weeks, Tor.com will be hosting the musings on the Steampunk genre from a host of esteemed guest bloggers; plus original steampunk fiction; Tor.com-exclusive wallpaper; coverage of steampunk events; and copious giveaways, including books, costume elements, convention passes, and H.M.S. Stubbington tattoos.
They’ve kicked things off with an original story by Cat Rambo, an essay from Ay-leen the Peacemaker on personalizing steampunk with traditional Vietnamese clothing, a jewelry giveaway, and, in case you’re wondering about the origins of the genre, It’s the Great Steampunk Timeline, Charlie Brown and the Steampunk Bible.
Here’s a list of just some of the things to expect during Steampunk Fortnight:
- Musings on the genre from a host of esteemed guest bloggers, including Tim Akers, Jared Axelrod, Ay-leen the Peacemaker, S. J. Chambers, Amal El-Mohtar, G. D. Falksen, Fábio Fernandes, Chris Garcia, Jaymee Goh, Clay and Susan Griffith, Stephen Hunt, Evelyn Kriete, Jeff Mach, Dexter Palmer, Mike Perschon, Mike Resnick, Nisi Shawl, and Diana Vick.
- Original steampunk fiction from Felix Gilman, Eileen Gunn, and Cat Rambo.
- A new steampunk comic from the mad geniuses of Teetering Bulb.
- Tor.com-exclusive wallpaper by Sydney Padua of “The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage” fame.
- Coverage of steampunk events such as the Steampunk Indie Mart and The Anachronism at Webster Hall.
- Copious giveaways, including books, costume elements, convention passes, and H.M.S. Stubbington tattoos.
Here’s the place to keep up with it all: Steampunk Fortnight