Solaris Books Announces Release of Crash by Guy Haleyposted by
From the press release:
The crash is coming on 25 June (US & Can) and July 4 (UK)
£7.99 (UK) ISBN 978-1-78108-120-4
$7.99/$9.99 (US & CAN) ISBN 978-1-78108-121-1
Available in paperback and ebook
The 0.01% have decided Earth is history
“Guy Haley is a hidden gem of British SF” – Paul Cornell
“A very good writer, with an infectious love for sci-fi that shines off every page” – The Guardian
Unalloyed greed, markets dictating the will of humanity – when the Crash comes, survival itself will hang in the balance.
In a topical science-fiction take on the world’s economic woes, breakthrough author Guy Haley envisages a society in utter thrall to commerce, which must constantly expand to sustain itself. When a mission to the stars begins to go wrong, the fragility of human society and progress is exposed.
The Market rules all and mankind, trapped by a rigid hierarchy of wealth, bends to its whim. A bold venture to the stars is begun, but when the colony fleet is sabotaged a small group finds itself marooned upon a world where one hemisphere is bathed in perpetual daylight, the other hidden by eternal night. Isolated and beset, the stricken colony members must fight for survival on the hostile planet.
Haley’s first book for Solaris, Champion of Mars, was described by SF legend Stephen Baxter as “a novel with an ambition on the scale of Olympus Mons itself, and it delivers. Recommended.” Packed full of ideas while maintaining a very human voice, Crash is complex, exciting, vastly entertaining and with a topical edge.
About the Author
Guy Haley is an experienced science-fiction journalist, writer and magazine editor. He has been editor of White Dwarf and Death Ray, among other magazines, and deputy editor of SFX. He is the author of the Richards and Klein series from Angry Robot, and writes for Games Workshop’s Black Library. He lives in Bath.
You can find him at guyhaley.wordpress.com
Also by Guy Haley
Champion of Mars
£7.99 (UK) ISBN 978-1-907992-84-1
$8.99/$10.99 (US & CAN) ISBN 978-1-907992-85-8
Available as an ebook
“It’s a thriller, an unnatural mystery and a strange sort of love story. Highly entertaining and original, and well worth a look.”
– Starburst Magazine on Champion of Mars
- Horror in a Hundred – The Tapestry by Walt Hicks - February 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Cold Soak by Thomas Kleaton - February 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Lonely at the Bottom by Craig Peterson - February 21, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Welcome to the Full Moon Salon! by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 20, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Last Night on Drury Lane by David Wing - February 17, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Him by David Wing - February 16, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Twilight by Jack Koebnig - February 15, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – After Hours at the Blood Bank by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 14, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Mr Brown by Jack Koebnig - February 13, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – A Prison Inside Us by Sheldon Woodbury - February 12, 2015