Solaris Acquires Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Seriesposted by
From the press release:
“Strahan has hit them all out of the park … in his Best of the Year series.”
“A knowledge of and affection for the fantastic that rival editors would be hard-pressed to match.”
– Publishers Weekly
“Jonathan Strahan’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year is always a brilliant collection of mind-blowing short stories.”
Solaris is delighted to announce that award-winning editor Jonathan Strahan is bringing his critically-acclaimed and award-winning The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year series of anthologies to the imprint.
Building on the extremely successful series of original anthologies that Strahan has commissioned in his Infinity and Fearsome Journeys titles for Solaris, Solaris has signed a two-book agreement for the world-renowned series, ensuring it has a long-term home.
The next volume in the series, The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume 8, will be published in April 2014.
Solaris is over the moon to provide a new home for the series, which was previously published by Night Shade Books.
The series has been a powerhouse in contemporary short fiction for many years, showcasing the biggest and brightest names in SF and Fantasy together in one collection. Previous volumes have included work from Neil Gaiman, Stephen Baxter, Elizabeth Bear, Stephen King, Cory Doctorow, Susan Palwick, Joe Abercrombie, Holly Black, and Charles Stross – to name but a few.
Jonathan Strahan said: “I am delighted that the Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year series has found a new home at Solaris. We have already had a lot of success together publishing the award-winning Infinity anthology series, and I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job with these books. Solaris can provide the series with the worldwide audience I’ve always felt it needed, so this is particularly exciting for me. I’m already busy reading for the next volume in the series, and think we can make it something special.
About the Editor
Jonathan Strahan in an award-winning editor, anthologist, and podcaster. Since 1997 he has has edited more than forty anthologies including The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year, Infinity, New Space Opera, and Eclipse anthology series. He is the recipient of the World Fantasy Award, a three-time winner of the Locus Award, a four-time winner of the Aurealis Award, and an eight-time Hugo Award nominee. He is the reviews editor of Locus, and the co-host of The Coode Street Podcast. He lives in Perth, Western Australia with his wife and their two daughters.
- Horror in a Hundred – Shining Example by John Dromey - March 27, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Play My Game by M J Wolfson - March 26, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Intersection by Thomas Kleaton - March 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Fear by M.J. Wolfson - March 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – A Question of Genetics by Thomas Kleaton - March 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Stripper from Hell by Sheldon Woodbury - March 10, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – End by David Wing - March 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Tapestry by Walt Hicks - February 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Cold Soak by Thomas Kleaton - February 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Lonely at the Bottom by Craig Peterson - February 21, 2015