Santa Muerte, Mexico’s Saint Death Is Here And She’s Coming For Youposted by
Post Mortem Press has announced the release of its latest young adult horror novel Santa Muerte written by Cynthia (cina) Pelayo. Pelayo’s Santa Muerte was researched using recent media reports of the escalating drug cartel crimes in Mexico and North America and the suspected involvement of worship to Santa Muerte, a saint-like figure said to provide love, luck, money, and revenge – all at a price. The novel follows a 17-year-old girl living in Chicago, Ariana Molina, who struggles with visions of death while trying to save her father, a Mexican federal investigator, as well as herself from the wrath of the drug cartels and Saint Death.
Description: Ariana Molina is a high school student in Chicago and life is quiet until her father, Reynaldo Molina, the lead federal investigator in Mexico targeting criminal organizations arrives on her door step. After her father is involved in a mysterious car accident that leaves one person dead, Ari begins to have visions of a veiled skeletal figure that asks for her father.
Struggling with gruesome ghosts, and being suspicious of suspected gang members that have moved in across the street, Ari soon becomes the target of the drug cartels and their black magic cult of Santa Muerte.
About The Author: Cynthia (cina) Pelayo grew up in a haunted house with very superstitious parents in inner city Chicago. She went on to pursue a Master of Fine Art in Writing at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she says she majored in the macabre. Pelayo’s short story collection, Loteria, is a collection of 54 short stories that explores Latin American superstition, folklore, legend and myth. She is the Publisher/Gravedigger of Burial Day Books, a boutique horror press. She lives with her husband and two angry shih tzus in the very neighborhood she was raised. She wears black — most of the time — and she stays out of the sun as much as (un)humanly possible.
Santa Muerte is available in trade paperback and e-book format via Amazon and other fine on-line retailers. Check it out: Santa Muerte
- The Nest – Blu-ray Review - February 14, 2013
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013