As 2012 gets underway, international publisher Samhain Publishing® has announced this year’s list of award-winning and highly original tales of horror releasing through its Samhain Horror line.
According to Don D’Auria, Executive Editor for Samhain Horror, response to calls for submission continues to be strong — as does interest in the growing line. “Horror readers are constantly looking for new stories to read and worlds to explore, and we’re very pleased with the diversity and depth of our 2012 lineup. We believe there is something for everyone to enjoy.”
Samhain Horror releases two new horror novels each month, with additional author features and information available on their website. Beginning in January, many of the line’s 2011 releases are now available in trade paperback format as well.
But Samhain Horror isn’t just lurking behind a growing stack of submissions: D’Auria will be representing the publisher, meeting authors and taking pitch sessions at World Horror Convention, March 29-April 1, 2012, where Samhain Horror will be sponsoring the Awards Banquet of the 25th Annual Bram Stoker AwardsTM competition.
And D’Auria has additional news to celebrate at the banquet: Samhain debut author Frazer Lee is on the final ballot for the Bram Stoker Awards for Best First Novel, for his work The Lamplighters, available at Samhain Horror. Additionally, Samhain author Ronald Malfi has been nominated for a novel he published prior to coming to Samhain, Floating Staircase.
“Congratulations to Frazer and Ronald, and we look forward to celebrating our authors’ continued critical success at Samhain Horror,” said D’Auria.
2012 works/authors featured by Samhain Horror include:
- Bloodthirst in Babylon, by David Searls
- Nightmare City, by Maynard Sims
- Genesis of Evil, by Nile J. Limbaugh
- B-Movie Reels, by Alan Spencer
- Hedge End, by Peter Mark May
- House of Sighs, by Aaron Dries
- Wolf’s Trap, by W.D. Gagliani
- Girl Blue, by Alan Nayes
- The Nightcrawler, by Mick Ridgewell
- Evil Eternal, by Hunter Shea
- NightWhere, by John Everson
- House of Skin, by Jonathan Janz
- Malevolent, by David Searls
- Sacrifice, by Russell James
- The Lurkers, by Kristopher Rufty
- B-Movie Attack, by Alan Spencer
- The Narrows, by Ronald Malfi
- Shadows in the Mist, by Brian Moreland
- The Fallen Boys, by Aaron Dries
- Daughter of Evil, by Nile J. Limbaugh
- The Eighth Witch, by Maynard Sims
- Amongst the Dead, by David Bernstein
- AZ: Anno Zombie, by Peter Mark Mays
- Ink, by Damien Walters Grintalis