Horror Realm’s Summer of Scares Returnsposted by
Horror Realm presents the second annual Summer of Scares to get fans warmed up for its fall convention. The program is presented in partnership with Eljay’s Books and The Hollywood Theater and includes:
- Horror Author Series – in conjunction with Eljay’s Books of Dormont, Horror Realm is presenting a periodic series of readings, question and answer sessions and book signings by local horror authors. Admission is free for all events and Eljay’s is offering a 20% discount on used horror titles every Saturday in July and August to celebrate the Summer of Scares. All events begin at 2 PM.
- July 14 – “Demon Zombie” Matt Demas, author of the Steel City Outbreak series, will be discussing his newest zombie novel, The Fall of Pittsburgh.
- July 21 – Lucy Leitner reads from Working Stiffs, her hilarious, action-packed tale of surviving zombies in the office.
- July 28 – DIY Author Chat with Chris and Christine. Aspiring author can talk to a published horror author (Christine Soltis) and an expert in author marketing (Eljay’s co-owner Chris Rickert) about the novel they want to write/ have written/ want to have stocked in local stores.
- August 11 – Denise Verrico signs Immortyl Revolution, a dark fantasy vampire novel series following vampires Kurt, Mia and Cedric in their fight for freedom.
- Horror Fan Flea Market – August 25 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont. Here’s a way for horror fans to clean out their stash of movies, books, posters, figures, etc. and make sure they find a loving home with other horror fans! Free admission and free parking (no money needed in the meters on weekends). The concession stand will be open with plenty of hot popcorn, cool drinks, candy and a bake sale. Plus a 50/50 raffle and a drawing for a pair of free weekend passes to Horror Realm’s fall show. The theater will be running some crazy horror film trailers in the background to entertain attendees.
Horror Realm’s fall 2012 convention will be held September 21-23 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. Guests include Sid Haig, Doug Bradley, Danielle Harris, Mink Stole and Rochelle Davis, plus many more. For details on the convention, including exhibitor and sponsor rates, schedule, guests, advance ticket purchase and hotel reservations, please visit Horror Realm Con.
Horror Realm is produced by Horrorrealmonline.com and Lifeless Entertainment Ventures. The September convention is sponsored in part by The Drive-In Horrorshow, Twisted Library, Butcher Shop Online, Bastards of Horror and HorrorRealmOnline.com.
Eljay’s Books is a used, new and rare bookshop located at 3233 West Liberty Avenue in Dormont. The store carries a little of everything from paperback sci-fi to 18th century medical treatises.
The Hollywood Theater, located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont, is the last surviving single screen theater in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. The theater is operated by Friends of the Hollywood Theater, a non-profit organization.