The Killer is back!
Untread Reads had so much fun with The Killer Wore Cranberry back in 2010, that they felt it was time to revisit the anthology. So, they’re happy to present The Killer Wore Cranberry: A Second Helping.
As in the previous anthology, all the stories contained within must be about murder and mayhem happening at Thanksgiving, and must feature a typical Thanksgiving dish as a vital part of the story (i.e.: turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie). Most importantly … it must be funny! This anthology is all about making people laugh while enjoying a great mystery short at the same time. The anthology will be edited by Editor-in-Chief Jay Hartman.
And now, the rules:
1. All stories must be between 1500-5000 words.
2. Deadline for submission for consideration is September 1st, 2012. This is a firm date; no submissions after this date will be considered.
3. All submissions should be sent to Jay Hartman at [email protected] with the word THANKSGIVING in the subject line.
4. Submissions must be in DOC, RTF or ODT format.
5. Unlike the previous anthology, we will not be publishing the stories individually. Only the anthology will be available.
6. Authors will receive royalty, but not upfront payment. Authors will each receive a share of royalties of 50% of net (net = cover price – vendor commission) based on the number of authors in the final anthology.
7. Characters appearing in other Untreed Reads series or other series not published by us are strongly encouraged (i.e.: Wade J. McMahan’s Richard Dick, Beth Mathison’s Mobsters or Young at Heart or Albert Tucher’s Diana Andrews)
8. Your story MUST have humor in it, feature a Thanksgiving dish and have a great mystery or crime at the heart of the story.
9. Stories not accepted for the anthology may be still be considered for other publication.
10. Previously published works are fine providing that electronic rights have reverted to the author and the story is not currently offered for free anywhere on the Internet or currently published through a self-publishing venue (i.e.: Smashwords, Amazon KDP, etc.).
11. There are no restrictions whatsoever on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, etc in the work.. Just tell us a great story!
Please direct any questions to Jay Hartman at [email protected]. We recommend looking at the original The Killer Wore Cranberry for an idea of the types of stories we’re looking for.
All decisions on material will be made by September 15th, 2012. Every attempt will be made to notify all authors of the status of their submission at that time. Please do not inquire about status prior to September 15th, 2012.
This anthology has an expected publication date of October 15th.
This is an open call.