Blanc Biehn Productions to Remake Controversial Film Hidden in The Woodsposted by
Award-winning actor Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens), under his Blanc Biehn Productions shingle, announced today pre-production and casting for the company’s latest project, the remake of the controversial film Hidden in the Woods (A Las Afueras de la Ciudad). Additionally, the company has signed a North American sales agreement with Tiffany Boyle of Ramo PC to represent their film,Treachery, which is currently in post-production.
Blanc Biehn Productions has locked in William Forsythe (The Rock, “Boardwalk Empire”) to play Uncle Costello in the remake of Hidden in the Woods. Also joining the cast will be MMA fighter Krxysztof Soszynski who recently worked with Michael Biehn on the MMA film Tapped. Biehn will also star in the film.
“I have never seen such a violent film that didn’t feel gratuitous and exploitive,” commented Biehn. “Patricio Valledares did an incredible job to combat that with his original film and we’re excited to announce that he is on-board to direct the English remake.”
At present, Hidden in the Woods cast includes Biehn, Forsythe and Soszynski as well as Jeannine Kaspar (Iron Man, “House of Lies,” “Nip/Tuck”), Electra Avelan (Grindhouse, Machete Kills) Mark Burnham (Quentin Dupieuxs, Wrong and Wrong Cops), Jennifer Blanc (The Victim, Wrong Cops) and Richard Gunn (“Granite Flats,” “Dark Angel”). ) caitlin Keats(broken. English, kill bil 2, treachery) , Matthew alan(red tails, sons of anarchy) ,J. Michael Trautmann( Here Comes the Boom, Shameless), Evie Louise Thompson( the call, Heebie Jeebies), nick Bateman( from jason eisners’ Hobo With A Shotgun), Cody Hackman (tapped), Luke Massy(Thor), Shooting is set to begin in early June in Texas. Patricio Valledares will direct. Jennifer Blanc- Biehn will produce along with Loris Courci, Evelyn Belmar, Time Lock Films and Valle Studio Films. The film will be in pre-sales at Cannes this May with international sales being handled by Dimitri Stephanides of WTF.
“We feel this story needs to be told,” commented Jennifer Blanc-Biehn producer of Hidden in the Woods. “It’s based on a true criminal case. Three out of every four women are abused throughout the world so we hope to be able to not only tell a story but also donate some of the proceeds to a few women’s charities to stop the violence.” First look”Poster art teaser by DOG & PONY. DOG & PONY is an award-winning graphic design agency specializing in key art. They create strategic advertising and marketing deliverable’s for entertainment, film, and brand clients.”
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Photograph by Duncan Ralston - April 2, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Visitor by Catherine Bader - March 28, 2015