Apex 26 Availableposted by
Apex Magazine is a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction from many of the top pros of the field.
This month they bring readers three outstanding stories. “The Neighborly Thing to Do” by T.J. Weyler starts as a classic Gothic tale, but a wicked twist adds a memorable dynamic. “The Widow and the Xir” by Indrapramit Das explores the pain of grief and how difficult it can be to let go of a deceased loved one. In Theodora Goss’s powerful “The Rapid Advancement of Sorrow,” fiction editor Catherynne M. Valente completes a three story cycle of loneliness, sorrow, and loss.
Rounding out this month’s content is a nonfiction piece from Paul Jessup. Jessup lists some outstanding weird reads in his “The Top 10 Experimental Genre Books You’ve Never Heard Of.”
Apex Magazine is edited by award-winning author and editor Catherynne M. Valente.
Check it out: Apex Magazine 26
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013