MTI Home Video, the studio for independent filmmakers, has acquired The Frankenstein Syndrome from American World Pictures for a July 5th DVD release.
The film was written, directed and produced by Sean Tretta (The Great American Snuff Film, Death of a Ghost Hunter, and The Death Factory Bloodletting) and was produced by and stars Tiffany Shepis (Nightmare Man, Night of the Demons). Also starring are Louis Mandylor (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Patti Tindall (The Graves), Scott Anthony Leet (Freeway Killer), and film veteran Ed Lauter (The Longest Yard, Seabiscuit).
The film is a modern re-imagining of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein, wherein a beautiful young stem-cell researcher, Elizabeth Barnes (Shepis) joins a secret research group attempting to develop a stem-cell based universal healing serum. Despite opposition from the project leaders Marcus Grone (Mandylor) and Dr. Victoria Travelle (Tindall), she quickly develops a serum that can bring the dead back to life – but with horrific results. Distraught, Elizabeth tries to leave the project, but the project’s financier (Lauter) orders Marcus to hold the research team captive until their research is complete. When one of the project’s security guards (Leet) is murdered and then re-animated, the team must contend with a man who at first is like a child, but quickly becomes something much, much more…
- Winner – Best Actress, Best Actor (Dark Carnival Film Festival)
- Winner – Best Feature, Director, Screenplay, Actor, and Supporting Actress – (Oklahoma Horror Film Festival)
- Official Selection – (Dark Woods) Official Selection – (Motor City Nightmares)
- Official Selection – (Phoenix Film Festival)
- Official Selection – (Frightnight Film Festival)
- Official Selection – (Gorezone Int. Film Festival)
- Official Selection – (Weekend of Fear Film Festival)
- Official Selection – (HorrorHound Convention 2011)
Here’s the trailer: