The third book in Night Shade Books “Cthulhu Summer,” an anthology titled The Book of Cthulhu, will appear this September.
Description: First described by visionary author H. P. Lovecraft, the Cthulhu mythos encompass a pantheon of truly existential cosmic horror: Eldritch, uncaring, alien god-things, beyond mankind’s deepest imaginings, drawing ever nearer, insatiably hungry, until one day, when the stars are right…
As that dread day, hinted at within the moldering pages of the fabled Necronomicon, draws nigh, tales of the Great Old Ones: Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, Hastur, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, and the weird cults that worship them have cross-pollinated, drawing authors and other dreamers to imagine the strange dark aeons ahead, when the dead-but-dreaming gods return.
Now, intrepid anthologist Ross E. Lockhart has delved deep into the Cthulhu canon, selecting from myriad mind-wracking tomes the best sanity-shattering stories of cosmic terror. Featuring fiction by many of today’s masters of the menacing, macabre, and monstrous, The Book of Cthulhu goes where no collection of Cthulhu mythos tales has before: to the very edge of madness … and beyond.
Table of Contents
- Caitlin R. Kiernan – Andromeda among the Stones
- Ramsey Campbell – The Tugging Charles Stross – A Colder War
- Bruce Sterling – The Unthinkable
- Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Flash Frame
- W. H. Pugmire – Some Buried Memory
- Molly Tanzer – The Infernal History of the Ivybridge Twins
- Michael Shea – Fat Face
- Elizabeth Bear – Shoggoths in Bloom
- T. E. D. Klien – Black Man With A Horn
- David Drake – Than Curse the Darkness
- Charles Saunders – Jeroboam Henley’s Debt
- Thomas Ligotti – Nethescurial
- Kage Baker – Calamari Curls
- Edward Morris – Jihad over Innsmouth
- Cherie Priest – Bad Sushi
- John Hornor Jacobs – The Dream of the Fisherman’s Wife
- Brian McNaughton – The Doom that Came to Innsmouth
- Ann K. Schwader – Lost Stars
- Steve Duffy – The Oram County Whoosit
- Joe R. Lansdale – The Crawling Sky
- Brian Lumley – The Fairground Horror
- Tim Pratt – Cinderlands
- Gene Wolfe – Lord of the Land
- Joseph Pulver, Sr. – To Live and Die in Arkham
- John Langan – The Shallows
- Laird Barron – The Men from Porlock
Do you dare open The Book of Cthulhu? Do you dare heed the call?
You can pre-order on Amazon here: Book of Cthulhu