Shriekfest, the Los Angeles International Film Festival & Screenplay Competiton was a huge success. Denise Gossett, festival director, once again hosted Shriekfest Oct 4-7th at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood. Shriekfest screened almost 40 films and had 30 screenplay finalists & 10 original song finalists. Nailbiter directed by Patrick Rea took the Grand Jury prize for Best Horror Feature Film, Found In Time directed by Arthur Vincie took the Best SciFi Feature Film award, and It’s In the Blood directed by Scooter Downey took the Best Thriller Feature Film award.
Blackout directed by James Bushe took the Best Horror Short Film prize, A Light in the Darkness directed by Fed Wetherbee won the Best SciFi Short Film Award and The Sleepover directed by Chris Cullari took the best Super Short Film Award.
The winner of the Best Horror Feature Screenplay went to Nevermore written by David Beran and the winner of the Best Sci-Fi Feature Screenplay goes to When the Sleeper Wakes written by James Van Fleet.
Here’s the complete list of winners:
- Best Horror Feature Film: Nailbiter
- Best SciFi Feature Film: Found in Time
- Best Thriller Feature Film: It’s in the Blood
- Best Super Short Film: The Sleepover
- Best Horror Short Film: Blackout
- Best SciFi Short Film: A Light in the Darkness
- Best Horror Feature Screenplay: Nevermore
- Best SciFi Feature Screenplay: When the Sleeper Wakes
- Best Short Screenplay: The Last Rung
- Best Original Song: Push ’em Down
Shriekfest is an international festival and screenplay competition that receives submissions from all over the world. The festival is dedicated to getting horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy filmmakers and screenwriters the recognition they deserve.