Spring horror convention grows to three days
Pittsburgh, PA – February 11, 2013 – Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention expands its spring show to a full weekend in 2013. Horror Realm’s “Spring Break Massacre” show will be held March 15 to 17 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. Main show hours are Friday from 4 PM to 10 PM; Saturday from 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
The convention features a dealer room with more than 30 vendors selling horror themed merchandise plus celebrity guests, horror film screenings, a VHS viewing room with films that haven’t yet made it to DVD, discussion panels, Q&A sessions, contests and entertainment.
Featured guests for the show include:
· Danielle Harris – has appeared in “Halloween 4 & 5”, “Rob Zombie’s Halloween”, “Hatchet 2 & 3” as well as non-horror roles in “Roseanne” and “Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead” as well as the voice of Debbie in “The Wild Thornberrys”
· Kane Hodder – actor, stuntman and author best known for playing Jason Voorhees in four of the “Friday the 13th” films, as well as Victor Crowley in the “Hatchet” film series
· George “The Animal” Steele – Studio Wrestling and WWF legend who appeared as Tor Johnson in Tim Burton’s biopic “Ed Wood”
· John Dugan – best known as the Grandfather in the original “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”. Mr. Dugan’s appearance is sponsored by Boogeyman Collectibles.
· Night of the Living Dead guests – Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper) and George Kosana (Sheriff McClelland)
· Dawn of the Dead guests – Bob Michelucci (Scope Zombie) and Jeanie Jeffries (Blonde Zombie – first ever convention appearance)
· Day of the Dead guests – John Amplas (Fisher) and Barbara Russell (Featured Zombie – appearing Saturday only)
After hours events will include a horror music video party on Friday night sponsored by Monroeville Zombies, and an Irish Wake party on Saturday.
Admission prices are $25 for a weekend pass; $15 for single day (Friday or Saturday) and $10 for Sunday. Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance atwww.showclix.com/events/HR13SpringBreakMassacre. Children under 12 are admitted free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. The convention is open to all ages but bear in mind that some content may not be suitable for children.
Crowne Plaza offers a discounted rate of $109 plus tax per night for rooms, which can be reserved by calling 412-833-5300 and mentioning group code HRM. The Crowne is located at 164 Fort Couch Road in Bethel Park, across from South Hills Village. Ample free parking is available and the SHV light rail transit stop is ¼ mile from the hotel.
Horror Realm is sponsored in part by Duquesne Beer and Horrorrealmonline.com.
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, established in 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape and Shepherd Wellness Community. Horror Realm has been named a 2013 Women in Horror Month Ambassador. www.horrorrealmcon.com