Apex Magazine Issue 42 has been released. They have fiction by Shira Lipkin, Tim Susman, Eleanor Arnason, and Alex Bledsoe. Lynne M. Thomas and Steve H Silver discuss fandom conventions. Finally, Maggie Slater interviews novelist and short fiction author Alex Bledsoe.
- “Erzulie Dantor” by Tim Susman
- “Splinter” by Shira Lipkin
- “The Glutton: A Goxhat Accounting Chant” by Eleanor Arnason
- “Sprig” by Alex Bledsoe
- “Blood on Vellum: Notes from the Editor-in-Chief” by Lynne M. Thomas
- “The 21st Century SF/F Professional at Conventions” by Lynne M. Thomas
- “Behind the Convention Curtain: Programming” by Steven H Silver
- “An Interview with Alex Bledsoe” by Maggie Slater
A 2012 Hugo Award nominee for Best Semiprozine!
Cover art by Nicoletta Ceccoli
Apex Magazine is a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction from many of the top pros of the field. New issues are released the first Tuesday of every month.
The latest issue can be read on the web for free at: Apex Magazine 42