Black Tide, a new zombie novella from Del Stone Jr is now available from Telos Publishing. The book was picked up for publication by Telos even as the author was completing a film deal on it, and the film script based on the novella, called Shallows, is currently under consideration at Hollywood’s biggest property-acquisition agency.
Description: Miller, a university professor, and two of his students take a trip out to a spoil island in the middle of Santa Rosa Sound in the Florida Keys to study the effects of pollution on the flora and fauna. While they are there, a tide of black microbes is released into the river, and floods down and around them. They escape by burying themselves in the sand, but when they emerge, it is to a world which is strangely silent and changed.
Before long, burning figures are glimpsed along the distant banks, dragging themselves into the water. Then the attacks start. With daylight their only weapon, Miller realizes that time is running out as an army of the living dead, intent on feasting on their flesh, is gathering in the surrounding waters.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009