Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, teams up with the Oaks Theater to celebrate Zombie Awareness Month with night of zombie themed entertainment on Saturday, May 8, 2010.
The evening kicks off with a mini zombie crawl beginning at Steve’s Inn, located at 301 Allegheny River Boulevard in Oakmont (across from the theater). Zombies will receive instructions at 9:15 PM and then will shamble one block, cross over the boulevard and approach the theater.
At 10 PM, the theater will screen a rare 35 mm print of Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things (rated R). The 1973 low budget zombie movie was directed by Bob Clark (Black Christmas, Porky’s, A Christmas Story) and has become a cult classic because of the bad acting, ridiculous dialogue and writer/star Alan Ormby’s striped pants.
Zombies and humans are welcome. All paid admissions will be entered into a raffle for prizes and there will be a Best Hippie Zombie contest immediately before the movie screening.
Tickets for the program can be purchased at the door the night of the event for $7 or in advance through: Showclix
May has been designated as Zombie Awareness Month® by the Zombie Research Society, recognizing the evolution of the zombie in cinema, literature and culture. Founded in 2007 by Matt Mogk, the Zombie Research Society is dedicated to raising the level of zombie scholarship in the Arts and Sciences. ZRS members represent diverse backgrounds, interests, and theories, but are unified in their support of the Society’s three foundational principles: 1) a zombie is a biologically definable, animated being occupying a human corpse; 2) the zombie pandemic is coming. It’s not a matter of if, but a matter of when; and 3) enthusiastic debate about zombies is essential to the survival of the human race. More information can be found at: Zombie Research Society
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013