You can’t keep Zombies out of the mall! Back from the dead after a brief hiatus, Monroeville Zombies, a zombie-themed tourist attraction returns to the Monroeville Mall in Monroeville, PA with a Carnival Themed Grand Re-opening. The event named, Zom-B-Rama is an annual zombie Halloween celebration hosted by the mall based attraction. This year’s event is scheduled for October 22, and will also coincide with Monroeville Zombies’ reopening in a new larger location featuring more activities and exhibits.
Monroeville Zombies is now located inside the Monroeville Mall’s Funhouse Video Arcade in the lower level at Macy’s court. The new larger location allows for more space for zombie exhibits and fun activities such as, “Hole in the Mall”, a retro 70’s Monroeville Mall themed Mini-Golf and the future expansion zombie-themed shooting gallery. The Monroeville Mall was the film set location of the classic 1978 zombie horror film, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead.
The October 22nd Zom-B-Rama Event Features:
- Zombie Themed Carnival Games complete with Zombie Themed Prizes
- Circus & Sideshow Acts
- Zombie Costume Pageant
- Crowning of Zombie King and Queen 2011
- Hosted by Barnabus Bailey and the Greatest Show Unearthed
Carnival proceeds benefit the Save the Evans City Cemetery Chapel, a fund raising effort to restore the cinematic landmark from the 1968 film classic, Night of the Living Dead. Event hours are Noon to 9:00 PM.
“You can’t kill something that’s already dead,” says Monroeville Zombies President Kevin Kriess. “It’s a line from a zombie movie, but it also describes our presence in the mall, we just keep coming back and all the while celebrating Pittsburgh and Monroeville’s place in modern horror film history.”
Monroeville Zombies is a museum and tourist attraction celebrating Zombies in Pop-Culture. Located in the historic Monroeville Mall, location of the original film, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead, the themed attraction takes fans through a visual history of zombies in cinema. Displays of props and memorabilia are woven into a presentation featuring interactive experiences and zombie gift shopping.
Save the Evans City Cemetery Chapel is a fund raising group dedicated to renovating the chapel building in the Evans City Cemetery seen in the 1968 film, Night of the Living Dead.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013