The Winter Chills Book Review Project is up and running. Originally proposed by Dylan at Monster Librarian (he’s the one who keeps it going), the book review project teams up a handful of horror related web sites all offering a variety of horror book reviews for readers to enjoy for free.
This time out, our very own Sheila M. Merritt reviews The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert.
Description: Would you stay in a haunted house for more than one night?
Would you live in a place where ghostly things keep happening? Where a cellar door you know you locked the night before is always open the following morning? Where hushed whimpering is heard? Where white shadows steal through the darkness? Where the presence of evil is all around you?
Would you? Should you?
The Caleighs did, but they had their reasons. They should have known better though. As the terror mounts, they begin to regret their decision. As the horror rises, they realize their very lives are at risk … and so is their sanity. For the secret of Crickley Hall is beyond all nightmares.
Below the review, you’ll find links to other reviews provided by other horror web sites. All for your reading enjoyment.
Here’s where to get started: The Secret of Crickley Hall
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013