Following their success with a Mistress of Ceremonies in Toronto in 2007, World Horror Convention 2010 has announced that their female MC in Brighton will be influential editor, writer and award-winning poet Jo Fletcher.
Fletcher has worked for such British publishing imprints as Headline, Mandarin and Pan, and she is currently Associate Publisher of Gollancz, the award-winning fantasy and science fiction imprint, now part of the Orion Publishing Group. Her authors include such giants of the field as Sir Terry Pratchett, the late Sir Arthur C. Clarke, Ursula K. LeGuin, Gene Wolfe and Charlaine Harris.
A regular columnist for Science Fiction Chronicle for many years, and a stalwart of the fantasy and horror genre for more than three decades, her work has appeared in such anthologies as The Mammoth Book Of Werewolves, The Mammoth Book Of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book Of Dracula, Now We Are Sick, The Tiger Garden: A Book Of Writers’ Dreams, Dark Of The Night, White Of The Moon, Freaks Geeks And Sideshow Floozies, Cthulhu And The Coeds, Short Trips: A Christmas Treasury and Daughter Of Dangerous Dames.
Jo has also co-edited the World Fantasy Convention anthologies Gaslight & Ghosts and Secret City: Strange Tales Of London, while her first poetry collection, Shadows Of Light And Dark, was short-listed for the British Fantasy Award. She won an International Society of Poets Award in 1996, the British Fantasy Society’s inaugural Karl Edward Wagner Award in 1997, and the World Fantasy Award-Professional in 2002.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009