World Horror Convention 2010 has announced the Editor Guest of Honor is distinguished anthologist Hugh Lamb.
Since his first anthology, A Tide Of Terror: An Anthology Of Rare Horror Stories, appeared in 1972, his books have included Victorian Tales Of Terror, A Wave Of Fear, Two Volumes Of The Star Book Of Horror, Terror By Gaslight (1975), The Taste Of Fear, Return From The Grave, Victorian Nightmares, Cold Fear: New Tales Of Terror, Forgotten Tales Of Terror, The Man-Wolf And Other Horrors, Tales From A Gaslit Graveyard, New Tales Of Terror, Stories In The Dark, Terror By Gaslight (1992), Two Volumes Of Gaslit Nightmares, and A Bottomless Grave And Other Victorian Tales Of Terror.
One of Britain’s most acclaimed editors of ghosts and gaslight terrors, Lamb is renowned for unearthing many obscure tales by Victorian and Edwardian writers, including a lost M.R. James story for his 1975 compilation The Thrill Of Horror: 22 Terrifying Tales.
More recently, Dover Publications has been reprinting new and omnibus editions of his anthologies, including Tales From A Gas-Lit Graveyard, Gaslit Nightmares and Gaslit Horrors.
Lamb has also compiled individual collections by such authors of the macabre as Erckmann-Chatrian, E. Nesbit, Jerome K. Jerome, Bernard Capes, A.C. and R.H. Benson, and Robert W. Chambers.
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, The World Horror Convention will be held over March 25-28, 2010, in the historic Regency seaside city of Brighton, on the picturesque south coast of England. This is the first time that the event will have been held off the North American continent.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009