World Horror Convention 2010 has announced that they will be holding three different Creative Writing Workshops over the Saturday and Sunday of the convention, to be tutored by Mort Castle, Nancy Kilpatrick and Jo Fletcher.
Mort Castle has been a writer for over four decades, and a writing teacher for almost as many years. He developed and edited Writing Horror for the HWA in 1997 and the expanded and revised edition, On Writing Horror, published in 2006 by Writer’s Digest. Castle will be holding two separate four-hour courses on Creative Writing.
Nancy Kilpatrick is the author of nineteen books, nine of which are vampire novels, including the vampire series Power of the Blood. She has taught various writing and editing fiction courses for twenty-two years through George Brown College in Toronto. Nancy will be teaching a four-hour course on Writing Vampire Fiction.
The Mistress of Ceremonies, Jo Fletcher, has worked as an editor of fantasy, SF and horror at such major UK publishers as Headline, Mandarin and Penguin Books. She is currently Associate Publisher of Gollancz, Orion’s award-winning fantasy and science fiction imprint. Jo will be running a two-hour course on Publishing and Editing.
All three workshops will be held in two parts over Friday and Saturday, and places are strictly limited for individual seminars on a first-come, first-served basis. Information about fees, times and further details are available on the WHC 2010 website, along with advance registration through PayPal.
Please Note: You must be a current member of World Horror Convention 2010 to participate in Workshop events and, due to their nature, if you cancel or fail to attend any of the seminars, you will not receive a refund.
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, The World Horror Convention will be held over March 25-28, 2010, in the historic Regency seaside city of Brighton, on the picturesque south coast of England. This is the first time that the event will have been held off the North American continent.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013